Sunday 29 March 2015

Reading Challenge 2015 - 40 Days of Dating


40 Days of Dating by Timothy Goodman & Jessica Walsh 

I followed the blog this book originated from whilst is was being released. I found it a really interesting idea that these two people were posting daily updates on their dating experiment and I would check it everyday to see the latest instalment. I can't tell if I was 'rooting' for them, because I honestly just found the very idea that these two friends could try it amazing.
The second time I read it, in the book, the self evaluations and honesty really made me think about myself as a person. I like to think I know myself pretty well, but maybe not?

I don't want to go on too much, but rather just suggest that this book is worth reading. The whole story is up online, but what the book offers is the reality of what happens next. There's a whole other set of journal entries after the experiment which details the events of what happens after the 40 days are over. It's a really interesting read, even if it doesn't do anything for you personally.

I'd like to point out that I've also read 2 other books from Maggie Stiefvater's series, but alas! I feel they don't count because they fall under the same category as before. This makes me feel like I'm not doing too great on the list, but I'm determined that it'll pick up again. I'm already onto my next and I've got a pile sitting lined up for when I'm finished.
I'm counting 40 Days of Dating as a book with a number in the title.

What I've read so far :

A Trilogy - James Dashner, The Maze Runner series
A Play - Shakesspeare, Love Labours Lost
A Book with Magic - Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys
A Memoir - Amy Poehler, Yes Please
A Book With a Number in the Title - Timothy Goodman & Jessica Walsh


No comments:

Post a Comment