Sunday 8 February 2015

Reading Challenge 2015 - The Scorch Trails + The Death Cure


The Scorch Trails + The Death Cure by James Dashner

I finally finished this series! I read the last instalment whilst on holiday in France about 2 weeks ago so I'm a little fuzzy on the details of The Scorch Trails. Overall I thought the series was great, though at points a little heartbreaking. Chapter 55 of The Death Cure, anyone? I was a mess.

The whole story was really fast paced, I couldn't put it down. I was also satisfied with the ending. There's always a risk with ending a series. As a reader there's always an ending you predict in your head and the strong likelihood that it just won't happen that way. I'm not sure how I wanted it to end, but I guess I was okay with all that happened.

Now I guess I'll just wait until the next film is out and wonder how the hell they're going to translate it all into something!

So that's me ticking off the trilogy on the reading list which I posted here. I'm already halfway through my next book! This one's a play.


No comments:

Post a Comment