Sunday 22 February 2015

Reading Challenge 2015 - Love Labours Lost


Love Labours Lost by William Shakespeare

I've been getting into my Shakespeare a lot recently. I have to thank web adaptations for that, particularly 'Nothing Much to Do' by the Candle Wasters on Youtube. A blog series adaptation of William Shakespeare's 'Much Ado About Nothing'. I read that play not long after binge watching the entire series. When I heard they were doing a second series with the same characters but based loosely on the plot of Love Labours Lost, I had to read it.
The second series by the Candle Wasters will be called Lovely Little Losers, and is hopefully coming out this year! They've been filming this month. First instalment is here, a little christmas teaser.

Vlogs aside, this wasn't my favourite Shakespeare play. I did enjoy parts of it and the humour was quite funny, but in the end it didn't sit with me as well as Much ado About Nothing. I did however like the ending, with the promise that they shall meet again in a year and a day to see if their love was real. That sounds very vague, but I think I prefer the idea that it didn't all come to a rosy end.

Over all it was okay though. I'm more excited about the Candle Wasters version of the play, I seriously cannot wait.
If Shakespeare is your thing, I also recommend watching the theatre version of Much Ado starring David Tennant and Catherine Tate. That version is hilarious. I was honestly laughing so hard watching it. David Tennant is fabulous in it and does great credit to the role.




This scene, anyone?! Tears of laughter.
(photo not mine)



No comments:

Post a Comment