Sunday 2 November 2014

Simple Sundays - Halloween and Bikes.

A very non spooky Halloween indeed.

I absolutely love the holidays. I'm a huge sucker for decorating and dressing up. I love buying presents at Christmas and decorating the tree; it's a tradition my mum saves for me coming home. I like to buy pretty easter eggs at easter and I love to dress up at Halloween.
This year I didn't dress up. Not even the tiniest of halloween extras. Fair to say I was pretty gloomy about that. I considered hosting a little party in the flat, but trying to get people to come up to Dundee has always been a bit of an issue. Unfortunately I didn't know anyone who was having a party either.

I wasn't alone though! A late night text to my friend on Thursday turned into a lovely little spontaneous trip to visit me on Friday night. I've found since living here that not a lot of people come to visit, it's usually me going to them, so it was a nice change to have someone up here.
In true Fiona and Cassie fashion we made some dinner, chatted about a lot of nothing and after playing some terrible game on the Playstation made a Skype call to our third musketeer in Australia.
The next morning Fiona helped me buy my 'first adult bike'. Now that the nights are getting darker I feel less safe walking home from work. I haven't had a bike since I was back in primary school, and I honestly can't remember the last time I rode one. Must be about the same time!
What they say is true, you really never forget.
My next step is to buy a helmet. I've had this weird fear of helmets since I was very little. My mum bought me this excellent Winnie the Pooh helmet, but one of the first times I tried it on she managed to catch the skin under my chin in the clip. She did it a few times actually, and every time there was a lot of crying and panicking. To this day I put my hand under the clip and keep it loose before I pull it secure. I'd like to point out that it was always an accident! My mum didn't have some weird mission to make me fear helmets for the rest of my childhood!

Today I'm looking over all these odd random little videos I've managed to accumulate over the past few weeks and am considering what to do with them…

Hope Everyone is having a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment