Sunday 14 April 2013

Life Lately.

I haven't done any blogging this year mainly because my time is split over so many things that personal blogging can seem like I'm procrastinating. Which as we all know is baaaaad.

 2013 has been great for me so far. I can't remember everything that has been happening so I'm going to talk a bit about easter and what I've been up to in April.

I went home for a few days at the beginning of the holidays for a much needed break. Uni work can get very stressful and sometimes it's nice to visit home and escape your responsibilities for a while. There's nothing better than mums home cooking and a cosy fire, especially with the horrible cold weather Scotland's been experiencing. Snow in March? You're kidding me Scotland!

Whilst I was home my mum and I went for a walk at Prestwick. When I think of Prestwick my mind immediately says 'airport', so it was nice to see a different side to the place.
We went a walk along the promenade first which was really windy. I don't know if it's just me, but walking in colder conditions makes me feel like I'm doing more exercise. I think it might be because I'm battling against the wind. We picked up some nice driftwood for the fire and carried them along on the way back.


Afterwards we headed to a place called Elliots for some lunch. We drove past this place on the way in and it looked really good so we made a mental note to go there for some food. And food we had! It was really lovely inside, because it has a kind of conservatory as the main dining area. The sun was out that day too so it was lovely and bright.
I had sizzling garlic butter and chilli oil king prawns and my mum had something called 'Cullen Skink' which is basically a really thick creamy fish soup. It arrived in a pan!
Both are meals were gorgeous so I really recommend the place.



There's also this place down the road which was called Costley's, and it sold amazing looking ice cream. Everything about the place screamed eat me. So we went in and got some ice cream to eat in the car. No regrets. This place had meringues the size of my face.





All in all, it was an excellent day out and some quality time spent with my mum.

I also had a day in Edinburgh, which I spent with my friend Fiona. She's getting married in October and she has chose me to be her bridesmaid! This day was spent going from bride shop to bride shop with her two mums (present and future step mum) looking for the perfect dress. I think we pretty much found it in the first one we visited, which is very typical! I can't really post pictures of the day unfortunately as that would come under the category 'spoilers'!
however, we did visit Pizza Express, which was a new experience for me.



Man, that place does some tasty pizza.

Everything else over easter has mainly been about my university problems, and if you're at all interested in that side of me I have another blog here, which is regularly updated with my latest dilemmas.

Hopefully I'll be able to update you on upcoming adventures but till then it's back to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment